Editorial: What Happened to Age of Ultron and Ant-Man?


So, as many of you may know, I was watching and reviewing all of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies in a massive countdown of anticipation for Captain America: Civil War during the beginning of this year. It was not the most smooth of rides, considering I did Iron Man 1 around February and then stopped for a very long time before going on to the next one. But after I did start again, things went pretty well, up until the last week of it all. It was all mostly fucked up by Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Truth be told, I watched Winter Soldier, started the review, and then life kicked in and reared its ugly head. I found myself without a lot of time for recreational activities such as this blog (I do have a job in real life, you think the subtitle of this blog is a joke? Hah...), which meant that the Winter Soldier review sat with one paragraph in a draft for a long time before one day, I just sat down and did it. I wanted that review to have the most in depth review of them all too, considering how much I love that movie, and I did pull that off very well, but it didn't leave me much time for the last three movies in the list: Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Ant-Man. I had a week and a half to pull all those off. I knew from the get go, I was fucked.

I tried to hatch a plan about how to pull it off somehow, and that was to write a short review for Guardians and leaving the long, in-depth one for next year when Volume 2 comes out, and then knock out the other two, but even that proved to be a futile plan. I had written the Guardians review the day before I finally saw Civil War for the first time. I pretty much gave up at that point. Maybe I could hold off the Civil War review until the weekend and knock out the other two, but I was so excited after Civil War that I couldn't hold it back. So, there...

So, what do we do now? Well, here are the links to my review of both from last year: http://behindboxoffice.blogspot.com/2015/05/avengers-age-of-ultron.html http://behindboxoffice.blogspot.com/2015/07/ant-man.html You'll just have to deal with those right now. Bye.



I'm just kidding.

I'm still planning on writing those reviews, so don't worry. Expect them within the next few weeks, maybe, now that school is out and I'll have more time. In fact, I'll be watching AoU after I get done writing this, so there.

Thanks for holding out for me. I appreciate it.

Comments

Popular Posts